Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Better late than never....

I just want to go on record saying that I am thrilled that the Thrashers are streaking at the end of the season here and actually winning some games. Last night's game was great and several others have been really good as of late. All the idiots who think it is just a given that professional athletes are actually going to throw games for a draft pick that could turn into a Patrick Stefan... well, blow me. To have so little dignity as to give up on a season to purposely try to finish last is just utter bullshit... and the AJC.com message boards are literally overflowing with d-bags who can't believe that the team is actually trying to win games instead of just rolling over and taking a loss.

Draft picks are great, and I hope we get a high pick this year, but not at the cost of all self-respect and dignity that our team has. Anyone who thinks otherwise can lick my balls.

1 comment:

  1. I do agree that its nice to see the guys put together a string of wins lately. I do not support "tank". However, I hope that we do not end up playing ourselves out of the elite players draft picks. It would be really nice to be able to get a little reward for such a shitty season. However, it is nice to have a glimmer of hope that the guys could carry this brief run of success into next season...

    ReplyDelete